Today the world press and various football Association’s gathered in Moscow as the draw was made next years World cup finals to be held in Russia during the June and July 2018.
Despite winning their qualifying group with easy, England were placed in pot B and therefore had the chance of meeting one of the top seed’s such as Brazil or Germany!
However, as the draw took place England where drawn in Group G and will now open their World cup campaign against Tunisia on Monday 18th of June in Volograd. Six days later they will then take on World Cup debutants Panama in Nizhny Novgorod before travelling to Kaliningrad four days later to take on the groups top seeds Belgium in a game which would likely decide the group winner and with England being confident of continuing their 11-game unbeaten run in matches between the two sides and possibly going thorough as group leaders which would see them in the same half of the draw as Colombia, Brazil, France and then possibly Germany in the final.
In the other groups, the hosts Russia will open the tournament against Saudi Arabia in Moscow on June 14th, before playing Egypt and Uruguay, While Holders Germany will face a Swedish team that knocked Italy out, Mexico and South Korea.
Group B through up an early clash of the giants has the groups top seeds Portugal were drawn against neighbours Spain, Morocco who topped their African pool and Iran who qualified of the back of a 10-game unbeaten run in the Asian qualifies.
World Cup groups in full
• Group A: Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay
• Group B: Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Iran
• Group C: France, Australia, Peru, Denmark
• Group D: Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria
• Group E: Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia
• Group F: Germany, Sweden, Mexico, South Korea
• Group G: Belgium, Panama, Tunisia, England
• Group H: Poland, Senegal, Colombia, Japan
- Ronaldo scores again, Spain made to fight for the win and Urugary cerment their place in the last 16.
- France on top of the World, England up to sixth in new World Rankings
- Belgium on way to the World cup, while France held by Luxemburg
- World Cup team news – Egypt vs Uruguay
- VAR takes centre stage has Group B games concluded